[tor-relays] Information leak through WebRTC in FF/Chrome

Tom Ritter tom at ritter.vg
Sun Feb 1 17:01:36 UTC 2015

On 31 January 2015 at 05:44, JusticeRage <justicerage at manalyzer.org> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm not sure this is the place to share this, but I though some of you might
> want to know: an information leak has been discovered on Firefox / Chrome,
> and it can be used to reveal a user's real IP address.
> The article is focused on VPN, but people who connect to the Tor network
> through a local SOCKS proxy are also affected. Demo here.

Thanks for the heads up!  While I can confirm it works on FF and
Chrome, my testing indicates this doesn't affect vanilla TorBrowser.
(Tested on Windows)  TBB disables WebRTC:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor-browser.git/tree/.mozconfig?h=tor-browser-31.4.0esr-4.0-1#n22
for this and other reasons =)

-tom