[tor-relays] Very unbalanced inbound/outbound connections

Green Dream greendream848 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 01:17:12 UTC 2015

"I see a little bit more than twice as much inbound than outbound
connections on my (non-exit, non-guard) relay [0]."

"looking at the graphs in atlas (as well in arm) shows no significant (=
something like twice as much) difference between the inbound and outbound
traffic"

I'm not sure if you mean the literal number of connections, or if you're
talking about bandwidth utilization. In either case, if arm isn't showing
the increase, the additional traffic might not be coming from Tor.

Have you considered other services running on the host?

You could always take a look at the traffic. You could use something like
'iftop' on Linux (turn on the port display) to get a really quick picture.