[tor-relays] uptime "algorithm"

Logforme m7527 at abc.se
Mon Dec 14 19:14:12 UTC 2015

On 2015-12-14 19:12, Dr. Who wrote:
> Wouldn't it be better to monitor the reason for a drop in uptime? In
> case at the same time a restart occurs the version increases it might be
> given the HSdir flag again?

Can't see why, for example the Debian /etc/init.d/tor script, couldn't
send tor a flag telling it that this is a restart, causing tor to
save/restore its uptime information. Circuits auto-reconnect if the
downtime is short enough, right?

  restart)
        check_config

        $0 stop -saveuptimeinfo $UPTIMEFILE
        sleep 1
        $0 start -restoreuptimeinfo $UPTIMEFILE

Not losing my flags would at least make me upgrade tor more frequently.