[tor-relays] Bridge Accounting Period Resets Stats

akashic at sigaint.org akashic at sigaint.org
Thu Dec 10 03:23:06 UTC 2015

I'm running some bridges on VPS where I set 10GB monthly limit.  I never
come close to the quota, but the bridges reset with a new port and new
stats every accounting period.  This is undesirable because it means
people who wrote down my bridge and port will no longer be able to
connect.  And Atlas take 6 more days to mark the bridge as fast again.

I like port diversity, but monthly switch seems excessive if 25% of every
month is spent resetting stats.

Can I set a longer accounting period, like 6 months?  Failing that, what's
the risk if I just get rid of the quota?  Throttle rate of 200KB/s could
add to 4TB/mo in worst case, which will get a VPS account killed.  What's
a more realistic worst case if I keep 200KB throttle with no monthly
accounting?