[tor-relays] Custom bandwith for different time ranges

tor-relay at b4ckbone.de tor-relay at b4ckbone.de
Mon Dec 7 20:42:11 UTC 2015

Hi!
> Hi All
> Is it possible to schedule the time when bandwith will looks as follow:
>
> 8:00 - 18:00 - Tor relay bandwith 250kb/s
>
> 18:00 - 8:00 - Tor relay bandwith 10 000kb/s
>

> How may I schedule this in tor relay ? Is it possible to limit traffic
> on the client or I need to do it on my firewall ?

I do see 3 viable ways, just run the relay from 18 to 8 a clock and stop
it (via cron?) from 8 to 18.
Or create 2 different tor configurations one limiting the bandwith to
250 kb/s and the other one to 10000 kb/s and reload tor with the
according configuration (via cron)
last but not least you could setup some fancy traffic shaping like in
https://svn.torproject.org/svn/tor/tags/tor-0_2_0_20_rc/contrib/linux-tor-prio.sh
where you limit the bandwith with tc and not tor itself.

Greets