[tor-relays] How to Run High Capacity Tor Relays

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 09:13:34 UTC 2015

On 8/3/15, Yawning Angel <yawning at schwanenlied.me> wrote:
> Hm, doesn't running good relays on Windows (especially high capacity
> ones) require that we finish off the IOCP related work?

yes. this makes high performing Windows relays much more difficult in practice.

there are pages written years back in tor-talk, tor-dev, and
tor-relays lists regarding the non paged pool, event handling, and
other resources limits on Windows, which are still true today more or
less.

>  IIRC that's
> what the bufferevent code was supposed to be for, but it hasn't been
> maintained in a while, and is known to be buggy.

speaking of buffer events and higher performance ... [ bump for
threading thread ]
*grin*

best regards,