[tor-relays] clarification on what Utah State University exit relays store ("360 gigs of log files")

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 05:53:27 UTC 2015

On 8/21/15, Mike Perry <mikeperry at torproject.org> wrote:
> What I really need now is any examples of common routers that have a
> default inactive/idle timeout below 10s, or allow you to set it below
> 10s. So far I have not found any.

i recall a switch vendor that used overflow condition to trim timeouts
lower, but this is different from a hard, low limit by configuration.

i'll see what i can dig up...

best regards,

P.S. flow tracking systems always make me point at c++ & scapy
userspace driven raw injection around massive flow sybils as retort in
their raw take and analytics. most efficient state representation of
TCP behavior in memory? it's a fun challenge :P
[ P.P.S. this may just crash your in-path, rather than DoS. keep a
backup route! ]