[tor-relays] Calling for more Exit Relays

Sharif Olorin sio at tesser.org
Fri Aug 21 12:21:15 UTC 2015

Good day,

Excerpts from s7r's message of 2015-08-21 03:23:30 +0300:
> I have been running high capacity Exit relays for a very long time,
> and I tell you it's not a headache and it will not attract any
> problems if you just take care of the abuse complaints.

Could you estimate the number of abuse complaints you receive, or the
amount of time you need to spend responding to them - and how many
exits for how long, for context? I'd like to operate an exit node[0],
my chief concern being lack of time. The only reason I can operate
relays at all is by automating everything I can; I've considered things
like writing an autoresponder to a prominent abuse email address which
delivers the standard exit-node boilerplate appended with a contact
address in case followup is necessary, but I have no idea how
effective that would be - any thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks,
Sharif

[0] I prefer not to contribute funds in lieu of operating relays; it's
    tempting, but operator diversity is important.