[tor-relays] very erratic tor usage

Aeris aeris+tor at imirhil.fr
Sun Aug 16 19:32:20 UTC 2015

> I run a relay for about 6 weeks now, on and off a bit because of power
> outages.
> I see extremely erratic traffic usage.
>  From 5kb/sec to 250 kb/sec.

Hello,

If your relay is flapping, you can’t have a high consensus, and so only little
number of Tor clients will use it.
You need to have stable and long running relay to gain more consensus and
bandwidth usage.

And it take more than 68 days for a stable relay to reach full capacity.
See https://blog.torproject.org/blog/lifecycle-of-a-new-relay

Regards,
--
Aeris
Individual crypto-terrorist group

Protect your privacy, encrypt your communications
GPG : EFB74277 ECE4E222
OTR : 5769616D 2D3DAC72
https://café-vie-privée.fr/