[tor-relays] I.P. being Blocked?

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.net
Sun Aug 9 18:57:44 UTC 2015

On Mon, 10 Aug 2015 06:39:45 +1200
Carlin Bingham <cb at viennan.net> wrote:

> Try MX Toolbox's blacklist check[0], it searches over 90 blacklists and you'll find at the very least you're on one of the Tor-specific lists.
>

> [0] https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Yeah on precisely one:

> DAN TOR
> This DNS blacklist contains ALL tor nodes (both entry and exit nodes) - The
> tor nodelist is updated every hour automatically from the live tor network.
> There is no complaint procedure to have an IP address removed from this list
> as it will be automatically removed once the tor node ceases to run (with a
> maximum of 1 hour delay). More information about DAN TOR can be found at
> their website: https://www.dan.me.uk/dnsbl

So not "several", and not a "this IP is a source of spam" list, that one is
not even a blacklist per se, and those using it as one are incompetent and
wrong. In fact I would also categorize the person "so helpfully running it" as
such, since there is no reason whatsoever to track non-exit relays in any kind
of a publicly offered "black"list, unless you just want to inflict harm onto
the relay operators and get them unfairly blocked from various services.

--
With respect,
Roman