[tor-relays] BWauth no-consensus state in effect

tor-server-creator at use.startmail.com tor-server-creator at use.startmail.com
Thu Aug 6 04:44:23 UTC 2015

Am Mittwoch, 5. August 2015 13:26 schrieb Tim Sammut
<tim at teamsammut.com>:

> Thank you for the note, Roman.
>
> On 08/05/2015 12:07 PM, Roman Mamedov wrote:
>> On Wed, 5 Aug 2015 10:58:30 +0100
>> Tim Sammut <tim at teamsammut.com> wrote:
>>
>>> That said, it raises the partially-rhetorical question: should I
>>> spend
>>> my $x/month on running a relay or could that money be better used
>>> in
>>> other places?
>> Generally depends on if you are getting a good deal on bandwidth,
>> i.e. how
>> many terabytes per month for your $x. But I see you are running a
>> relay in
>> Costa Rica, where servers and bandwidth must be much more expensive
>> than e.g.
>> in Europe. I'm not sure how useful a relay in an exotic location, if
>> it's
>> expensive to run and pushes very little traffic. Maybe others can
>> comment.
>>
> I think it is reasonably priced; $20USD/month for unmetered 100Mb/s.
>
> I am willing to contribute money to Tor because I believe in what it
> supports. I also believe in small and local businesses, which is why
> have the relay in CR where I lived at the time.
Now thats great! If youre able to run a relay in "exotic Places" you
should do so imho. It increases diversity of the whole network. So far
its more beneficial as running a relay in high density areas or more
common places! Just as using small business provider instead of the
common big and maybe cheaper ones.