[tor-relays] How to Run High Capacity Tor Relays

Yawning Angel yawning at schwanenlied.me
Mon Aug 3 14:35:57 UTC 2015

On Tue, 4 Aug 2015 00:25:56 +1000
teor <teor2345 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 3 Aug 2015, at 22:19 , Ben Serebin <ben at reefsolutions.com> wrote:
> >
> > Windows has a very significant percentage of the server market
> > share, and more attention should be focused on this part of the Tor
> > Server development. Right now, it’s a very complicated
> > install/config on a Windows OS which is disappointing and prevents
> > greater adoption (the end goal of Tor is greater adoption to
> > increase privacy). Windows sysadmin aren’t used to tweaking config
> > files and the posted documentation isn’t good (repeated requested
> > for me to update have gone unanswered).
>
> What are the Trac ticket numbers of these documentation change
> requests? (Or are they on the wiki? Anyone can modify the wiki.)
>
> > If donating to the project to promote Tor on Windows existed, I
> > would.
>
> Please log a Trac ticket for this - it sounds like an excellent idea.

Hm, doesn't running good relays on Windows (especially high capacity
ones) require that we finish off the IOCP related work?  IIRC that's
what the bufferevent code was supposed to be for, but it hasn't been
maintained in a while, and is known to be buggy.

Getting time/funding to work on that if my recollection is correct
would be great I think.

Regards,

--
Yawning Angel