[tor-relays] How to Run High Capacity Tor Relays

Ben Serebin ben at reefsolutions.com
Mon Aug 3 12:19:18 UTC 2015

Windows has a very significant percentage of the server market share, and more attention should be focused on this part of the Tor Server development. Right now, it’s a very complicated install/config on a Windows OS which is disappointing and prevents greater adoption (the end goal of Tor is greater adoption to increase privacy). Windows sysadmin aren’t used to tweaking config files and the posted documentation isn’t good (repeated requested for me to update have gone unanswered). If donating to the project to promote Tor on Windows existed, I would. I have been donating to EFF for many years, but decided more “action” was needed. I still donate to them.

Also, I’m a member of EFF, so maybe you didn’t understand my email since I don’t know what you meant by “throw a shade”. EFF is not related to Tor, so I think you’re a bit confused on that. EFF is focused on electronic freedoms (e.g. free speech, fair use, privacy, etc) and they’ve been promoting people (what I’ve seen in the USA) to adopt and add Tor relays (hence I added Tor relays (middle + exit). EFF and Tor are not connected. EFF is merely promoting Tor relay adoption.

https://www.eff.org/torchallenge/

-Ben