[tor-relays] Effectively donating bandwidth

Seth list at sysfu.com
Thu Apr 30 02:35:48 UTC 2015

On Wed, 29 Apr 2015 17:44:38 -0700, Curtis Gagliardi <curtis at curtis.io>
wrote:
> Spreading it out feels like the right thing to do, but is it actually
> the most helpful?  Maybe burning my bandwidth is faster bursts is more
> helpful.

Also found these relevant threads by searching the archives for
'hibernate' :

http://www.mail-archive.com/tor-relays%40lists.torproject.org/msg05002.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/tor-relays@lists.torproject.org/msg05569.html

There was some other discussion (can't remember exactly where off-hand,
might have been another lits) disputing the Tor manual's stance of "better
have a fast relay part of the time than a slow relay all the time". Maybe
this is case dependent on what the minimum bandwidth levels are, dunno.