[tor-relays] Subpoena received

Speak Freely when2plus2is5 at riseup.net
Tue Apr 21 13:03:23 UTC 2015

Thanks Moritz.

This is good information.

I do see both sides of the coin, as American courts often do seem to be
attempting to override international law. But, when someone spits in
your face, it's rarely a good idea to spit back.

If we all took the position of 'Teacher' when these things happen,
eventually the courts will learn the technology and know not to ask.

Also of critical importance, depending on your country of origin, it may
actually be illegal for you to provide third parties, for example a
court of law, any log information that you do have - because as relay
Operators, it's not our data that's traveling through the network.

Good luck!

Matt
Speak Freely