[tor-relays] Subpoena received

Speak Freely when2plus2is5 at riseup.net
Mon Apr 20 17:31:59 UTC 2015

A foreign sovereign can command anything to anyone... without a
reasonable expectation that anyone will follow it.

Even in Canada, I am not obliged to respond to American subpoenas unless
and until my government commands me to. Only your sovereign can command
you to do anything. A foreign sovereign has zero right to anything
outside of it's own purview.

Here is an excellent quote
>From the "OFFICES OF THE UNITED STATES ATTORNEYS"
http://www.justice.gov/usam/usam-3-19000-witnesses#3-19.320

"Since foreign nationals residing in the foreign countries are not
subject to the subpoena power of United States Courts, their attendance
can be obtained only on a voluntary basis. Obtaining testimony from
foreign nationals is often a delicate matter, and care must be taken to
avoid offending the sovereignty of the foreign country involved."

Keep us up to date!!!

Matt
Speak Freely

Moritz Bartl: