[tor-relays] Relay from home

David Serrano tor at dserrano5.es
Wed Apr 8 19:47:29 UTC 2015

On 2015-04-08 12:57:20 (+0200), Jannis Wiese wrote:

> Does it make sense to start operating a non-exit relay
> from home for a longer term? I’m thinking about at least getting a T-Shirt
> (the more uptime, the better).

Sure it does. I signed up for a 200mbps symmetric fiber line only to help tor.
If you're not being an exit, there's nothing to worry about.

> However, my concerns are the daily disconnect and the dynamic IP.

Daily disconnect? If you're on ADSL/fiber there isn't such a thing. The IP
usually changes when you restart/reset the router so, barring a blackout, that
is hardly going to happen. And if you get an UPS as I did, you may be in the
middle of a blackout but still be connected to the net :^).

--
 David Serrano
 PGP: 1BCC1A1F280A01F9