[tor-relays] Unreachable ORPort - Potential ISP block?

CJ Barlow iamthechong at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 19:31:49 UTC 2015

I'm attempting to run a Relay but I haven't been able to get it the ORPort
to be confirm as reachable. I've tried lots of things but I'm hoping there
is something I haven't thought of yet that can make this work! I've got a
50Mbps symmetrical connection (without data caps) that I would love to have
the Tor network utilize.

Hardware info:
- Asus RT-N66U running DD-WRT
- Raspberry Pi 2 running Raspbian
- SanDisk MicroSDHC UHS-I 16GB

Here are all the steps I've taken:
- Formatted the MicroSDHC with Win32DiskImager.
- Followed the Instructables Raspberry Pi Tor Relay configuration guide.
- Port forwarded via NAT/QoS then Port Forwarding. Protocol is set to TCP,
double-checked IP is what is assigned to Raspberry Pi 2 and enable box is
checked.
- ORPort set to 9001. Also changed ORPort to 443, did "sudo service tor
reload" and changed the port in the forwarding section of my router.
- Tried router DMZ for Raspberry Pi LAN IP.

I would really like to get this to work, if possible. I can't run an Exit
node on my connection but since my connection sits unused for most of the
day it should be put to good relay use.