[tor-relays] obfs3 not recognised by tor 0.2.5.7-rc ?

Nick Sheppard nshep at attglobal.net
Sat Sep 20 13:10:12 UTC 2014

I'm running tor 0.2.5.7-rc and obfsproxy 0.2.6, and everything seems to
work perfectly with these PT lines in torrc:

ServerTransportPlugin obfs2 exec /usr/bin/obfsproxy managed
ExtORPort auto

However, if I try to use obfs3 as well:

ServerTransportPlugin obfs2, obfs3 exec /usr/bin/obfsproxy managed

then on tor start I get:

[warn] Strange ServerTransportPlugin type 'obfs3'
[warn] Failed to parse/validate config: Invalid server transport line.

I thought my versions would be recent enough to handle obfs3?  Is this a
bug, or am I missing something obvious?

Nick Sheppard