[tor-relays] BBC and UK Lottery blocking ip addresses running relay

Dan Hanley hanley.dan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 20:40:32 UTC 2014

> I have just received a slightly more positive reply:

"At present, our GeoIP data provider classes Tor nodes as proxies,
regardless of whether or not they're an exit node. We understand that there
is room for improvement in this model, since non-exit relays do not present
traffic on behalf of other users. We have asked our provider to give us a
way of differentiating Tor exit nodes from non-exit relays, to allow us to
block exit nodes only."

So perhaps they will make a change... certainly reporting the issue seems
to raise its importance :-)

atb

Dan

 5. Re: BBC and UK Lottery blocking ip addresses running relay