[tor-relays] request at Hetzner

Toralf Förster toralf.foerster at gmx.de
Wed Sep 10 19:07:08 UTC 2014

3 things:

1.
=========
This is what I get few days ago from Hetzer Support:

>Guten Tag Herr Förster,
>
>laut Deutschem Recht sind Tor Server im Moment nicht verboten.
>Aus diesem Grund sind Tor Server bei uns auch nicht verboten.
>Aus Erfahrung raten wir jedoch vom Betrieb eines Tor Exit Node ab.
>Leider wird oft ueber Tor Server Content verbreitet welcher laut >Deutschem Recht
>nicht erlaubt ist. Dies kann Ermittlungen von Behoerden nach sich >ziehen.

Maybe worth to update https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/GoodBadISPs ?

2.
=========
I'm planning to setup there a dedicated server now soon (with Gentoo Linux if possible) within next days - or are there too much servers already at the ISP Hetzner ?

3.
=========
And for the following days I do want put the line

"ExitPolicy reject *:*"
before all subsequent liens like
"ExitPolicy accept *:20-23     # FTP, SSH, telnet"

of the reduced exit policy to just look how the system behaves as a simply relay. Worth or superflous ?

Am I right, that later just commenting out that reject line enhance the Tor server from relay to "relay + exit node" ?
Or does this mean that

--
Toralf
pgp key: 0076 E94E