[tor-relays] BBC and UK Lottery blocking ip addresses running Tor

Dan Hanley hanley.dan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 11:41:25 UTC 2014

Hi Matt
I was in the unusual position where www.bbc.co.uk decided I was not UK
resident (I am) and redirected me to www.bbc.com - where none of the links
worked for me as that site decided I was UK resident.

The BBC did make it clear that they understand Tor relays should not be an
issue for them, but that they consider exits to violate their terms of
service. It would seem they have stopped discriminating against relays, I
doubt they'll ever be exit friendly :-(

Dan