[tor-relays] exit node experience: abuse over HTTP, stealrat infection

Manuel Gebauer manuel at myops.de
Sun Oct 19 13:29:18 UTC 2014

Hi, Tom and Rejo. Same with me. Half of the abuse complaints I
get are from Valuehost Ru. Because I run on a cheap VPS I don't
get a reassigned IP. Therefore I always fear that my provider
might lose patience and shut down my server. That's why I decided
to block Valuehost's range 217.112.34.0/24 completely.

I also wrote to Valuehost Ru and asked them politely to consider
that their own customers might like to use tor and to reconsider
their policy for abuse complaints. No answer yet. I think they
have an automated abuse complaint system and don't care much for