[tor-relays] Unstable router

Rick rerushg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 20:53:03 UTC 2014

On 10/16/2014 01:22 PM, humbletoruser at Safe-mail.net wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I'm hosting a tor relay at home.
> My router is a Fritz-Box  (this one: http://avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7362-sl/uebersicht/ ) and the internet connections is really unstable.
> Frequently the connection breaks. Not only to the internet, also the local network is down till the router reboots.
> Is there a better solution for routing a DSL connection?
> A better router or a way to replace the router with the computer running the tor node.
> Any hint is appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Another question:
> If I'm acessing my side through a .onion address theres no need for ssl/https as the traffic is encrypted anyways, right?
You might try these folks: http://freetz.org/

They seem to be an open source project aimed at enhancing the Fritzbox
firmware.
If you're forced to get another device I'd suggest you consider
something that's already been reverse engineered for open source
firmware. WADR, most of us are not very trusting these days of
manufacturers' binary blob firmware.

Good luck,
Rick