[tor-relays] Anonbox Project

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.is
Wed Oct 15 14:51:48 UTC 2014

On 10/15/2014 08:00 AM, Thomas White wrote:
> I am personally hoping somebody high up in the Tor Project management
> will openly condemn this atrocity and hopefully Kickstarter and the
> funders will withdraw their funds before a whole load of people buy
> into this "security as a tool" idea.

I'm more inclined to support him. He appears to be taking our designs
and thoughts verbatim from Jake's initial thoughts on a torouter[1].
Access Now did some work on the OpenWRT version of the torouter[2]. Now
is our chance to help shape this into a product we like. Others have
tried to take their own approach without such attention to technical
details.

I look forward to having some smart people analyze the final product and
figure out where the strengths and weaknesses lie. Anonabox's response
to this analysis will tell us far more than anything else.

[1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/Torouter

[2] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/OpenWRT

--
Andrew