[tor-relays] Slow relay speeds for Australian geographic location(s)

Jeremy Olexa jolexa at jolexa.net
Mon Oct 13 22:55:22 UTC 2014

Hi Jon,

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 10:36 AM, Jon Daniels <apexio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Recently I turned up nineteen additional nodes on that server and they're
> averaging 60Mbps of overall throughput.  CPU load is still 0.00.

While I can't speak for the Australian problem, I do want to highlight
that you can only have two TOR processes per IP.

"Note that running more than two tor processes per IP address will
result in those other nodes not being used on the network. You'll see
the following message in your logs:

[notice] Heartbeat: It seems like we are not in the cached consensus."

(source: https://www.torservers.net/wiki/setup/server - It probably is
in the spec somewhere but I didn't have the right search term)

-Jeremy