[tor-relays] GoodBadISPs revamp?

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Mon Oct 13 07:13:24 UTC 2014

Thomas White:
> Anyone with access to create a new page on the list and we can add
> subsections to a new page containing the dated responses from each
> company on their policy towards Tor hosting.

Sounds like a good idea but anybody working on this should keep in mind
that diversity is crucial. Until we get better autonomous systems
awareness in Tor path selection, I tend to sweat looking at the current
situation:
https://metrics.torproject.org/bubbles.html#as

Almost all meaningful relays in a handful of networks means easier job
for an adversary. Be it one of the big ISP, a collusion of several of
these ISPs, or an agency taping Internet eXchange Point.

Please aim for new providers. (Yes, it's going to be more expensive
than OVH.)

--
lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>