[tor-relays] Question on running bridge nodes

Tor externet co uk tor at externet.co.uk
Sat Oct 11 22:25:47 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've set up a bridge node in the previous few weeks, but have had to put
a bandwidth limit on, as I only have 10TB of traffic per month before my
ISP will start throttling me to 100k/sec.

I wondered whether it was more helpful to the Tor network as a whole to
have have a very fast node which hibernated every 12-15 hours, or if I
throttled Tor traffic, so that the node was more stable.

I'll confess that I'm far more au fait with the politics of Tor than I
am of the exact ins and outs of how the technology works. Any help would
be gratefully received.

Thanks