[tor-relays] Slow relay speeds for Australian geographic location(s)

Mathew wired.kid at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 19:19:16 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I run a non-exit relay in Australia. My relay has been running for almost
15 days and has seen very little traffic.
I have a 100/40 fibre connection and bandwidth is set at 2MB/s and 2.5MB/s
burst.

The mean read/write is 3.22kb/s and the advertised bandwidth constantly
varies between 100-800kb/s which is obviously a fraction of my available
bandwidth.

Do relays located in less tor frequented countries see much less traffic or
something? I have ports set at 443 and dirport 9030, is this an optimal
port setting?

Anyone with helpful information would be appreciated. My relay is 1337m8 if
anyone wants to look at the traffic.

Thanks