[tor-relays] Less Traffic on my relay

Sebastian Urbach sebastian at urbach.org
Tue Oct 7 12:11:07 UTC 2014

Hi,

There is a very good article regarding new relays. Could answer a lot of
your questions:

https://blog.torproject.org/blog/lifecycle-of-a-new-relay

Hi All,

I am a noob to the Tor community and its fun serving Tor as one of the
relays. I am planning to setup multiple relays however before i jump into
anything further i setup one machine as a non exit relay to test how much
traffic i can route.. Not to forget i also read the article on
torproject.org which mentions the life cycle of a relay.. Now its the 4th
day of my relay and the traffic is almost nothing but as per the article i
must see an increase in traffic on day 4.. The machine is ON for almost an
hour now and the traffic is too less.

Sent : 1.6MB

                                                    My dedicated bandwidth
to Tor is 60 KB/s.. Do i need to keep the machine on 24/7 because as of now
its just ON for 3 to 4 hours.. Assuming that the traffic is low on the
entire Tor network is this kind of traffic normal or something is wrong on
my side..? Your help will me much appreciated..

Thanks and Regards,
Torzilla11