[tor-relays] Fast Exit Node Operators - ISP in US

Syrup-tan syrup+tor at denpa.moe
Tue Nov 25 19:29:42 UTC 2014

> On Nov 22, 2014, at 4:21 PM, s7r <s7r at sky-ip.org> wrote:
>
> Depending on your budget, Voxility has a datacenter in the US.
> Unfortunately they provide only enterprise class servers with prices
> directly proportional to the class. Maybe we can manage to pool $ in
> order to create a bigger node with this provider if we find enough people.

I’d be interested in chipping into this.

Would this server suitable for an exit node? Might be a bit on the slow side with 2GB of DDR2 and a Pentium D 940
https://www.voxility.com/shop/hosting/discounted/Supermicro-5015M-LFF <https://www.voxility.com/shop/hosting/discounted/Supermicro-5015M-LFF>

Price-wise it would be ~$200 to buy the server (after purchasing a disk for it), $70 setup fee, and $56/month to colocate in Los Angeles or Miami.

That’d be ~$950 for the first year, and $672/year for the following years.

The colocation isn’t cheap to say the least, and it only gives 5TB/month unless we want to pay more per month;
https://www.voxility.com/shop/colocation/los-angeles/Equipment-Colocation-in-Los-Angeles-%28Equinix-LA1%29#Network <https://www.voxility.com/shop/colocation/los-angeles/Equipment-Colocation-in-Los-Angeles-(Equinix-LA1)#Network>

Regards,
Syrup-tan~