[tor-relays] Fast Exit Node Operators - ISP in US

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 03:54:09 UTC 2014

> Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 17:58:37 -0800
> From: Seth <list at sysfu.com>

> I should have also mentioned in my previous post I put the following in
> /etc/tor/torrc
>
> # Bandwidth and data caps
> AccountingStart day 19:45 # calculate once a day at 7:45pm
> AccountingMax 33 GBytes # 33GB X 30 days = 10GB shy of 1000GB/mo.
> RelayBandwidthRate 3000 KBytes
> RelayBandwidthBurst 3750 KBytes # allow higher bursts but maintain average

There are 7/12 months that have 31 days, where your 33GB per day will result in a (potential) 23GB overuse. (And that's not including non-tor traffic like OS updates.)

Why not use 32GB x 31 days = 992GB, or 31GB x 31 days = 961GB ?

teor
pgp 0xABFED1AC
hkp://pgp.mit.edu/
https://gist.github.com/teor2345/d033b8ce0a99adbc89c5