[tor-relays] Fast Exit Node Operators - ISP in US

s7r s7r at sky-ip.org
Sun Nov 23 00:21:32 UTC 2014

I also share the thought that more US exit power is welcomed in the
Tor network.

However, the fact that there is more exit power in the EU compared to
the US has nothing to do with the legal implications of running a Tor
exit, it's as simple as bandwidth is a lot cheaper in the EU than in
the US. And for small relays run at home, US, as opposite to the EU,
has asymmetric internet lines, with download speed considerably higher
than upload speed - they think for a residential line you should only
consume content, not create. Since a Tor relay needs to be able to
receive as much as it sends, this is a bottleneck.

Depending on your budget, Voxility has a datacenter in the US.
Unfortunately they provide only enterprise class servers with prices
directly proportional to the class. Maybe we can manage to pool $ in
order to create a bigger node with this provider if we find enough people.