[tor-relays] Fast Exit Node Operators - ISP in US

Steve Snyder swsnyder at snydernet.net
Sun Nov 23 00:10:02 UTC 2014

On 11/21/2014 07:08 PM, SiNA Rabbani wrote:
> Dear Relay Operators,
>
> I noticed there are very few US based exit nodes in the network. And more and more
> people are jumping on the same set of AS numbers in Europe.
[snip]
> If anyone is interested in running fast Tor Exit nodes at Rethem Hosting. Feel free to contact me directly,
> so I can make proper referral/introductions. Rethem Hosting is also able to provide hosting In IceLand, but you
> get the most bang for your buck in the US datacenter.

I am interested in running a fast exit node in the US.

That said, there is precious little information on Rethem's web site
(http://www.rethemhosting.net/) to indicate that they would be open to
that. They don't say anything about what plans might be offered, where
the server would be located, or what forms of payment are accepted.

Their web site is non-SSL and the only method of contact is via the
notoriously insecure e-mail.  I like graphics of binary numbers and
circuit board traces as much as the next guy, but their site doesn't
give much information to the potential customer.

And with your servers running for less than 3 days apiece, I think it is
too early to say if Rethem is a good venue for hosting a Tor node.