[tor-relays] Decision on Dedicated Server for Exit Node

Steve Snyder swsnyder at snydernet.net
Sat Nov 22 23:33:00 UTC 2014

I too had a bad experience with Baltic Servers.

I purchased a VPS from them on 03 Jan 2012, located in Lithuania, which
I used for an exit node (using the Reduced Exit Policy of that time).

I paid for a year in advance, so I was reluctant to just walk away from
them.

08 Jan: Received abuse complaint; given 24 hours to respond
21 Feb: Received abuse complaint; given 24 hours to respond
11 Apr: Received abuse complaint; given 24 hours to respond
20 Jun: Notice that IP was listed on opm.tornevall.org; addr was null-routed
20 Jun: Notice that IP was listed on tor.dan.me.uk; addr was null-routed
14 Aug: Notice that IP was listed on CBL; addr was null-routed
17 Oct: Notice that IP was listed on spamhaus.org; addr was null-routed
24 Oct: Notice that IP was listed on spamhaus.org; addr was null-routed
06 Nov: Received abuse complaint: addr was null-routed, and Baltic
demanded 20 Eur and the re-nstall of the OS to unblock the IP address

I couldn't wait for that pre-paid year to be over.