[tor-relays] iptables / dump

Libertas libertas at mykolab.com
Sat Nov 15 13:32:17 UTC 2014

> Honestly, the safest thing to do is to NOT USE PASSWORD BASED
> LOGINS.

Amen.

I wrote a script to scan the Tor network for password-based login
availability. If I have the time and no one beats me to it, it'll lead
to a site that warns relay operators about security problems with
their servers. For example, I can combine it with basic, non-invasive
nmap results to warn about non-essential network applications, old OS
versions, and old Tor versions as well.

- -Libertas

eric gisse wrote:
> Sebastian, how do you distinguish between the usual low level noise
> of ssh brute force bots out there from more invasive attacks?
>
> Because this list is most likely just a bunch of internet
> background noise.
>
> Honestly, the safest thing to do is to NOT USE PASSWORD BASED
> LOGINS. But what would be even better is to firewall ssh out so you
> can't get in except from specific ips and/or through say port
> knocking.
>
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 3:46 AM, Sebastian Urbach
> <sebastian at urbach.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thank you for catching the cert problem, i will fix this soon.
>>
>> Please use the following instead:
>>
>> https://www.ccc-hanau.de/~sebastian/rules.v4
>>
>> Sorry. -- Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Sincerely yours
>>
>> Sebastian Urbach

>> luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50%
>> pain and 100% reason to remember the name!

>>> Is it just me? Here is the error i get when accessing your
>>> website with firefox:

Secure Connection Failed

>>> An error occurred during a connection to www.urbach.org. The
>>> OCSP server has no status for the certificate. (Error code:
>>> sec_error_ocsp_unknown_cert) :

Krys