[tor-relays] Node Operators Web Of Trust

Kevin de Bie kevindebie at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 22:08:57 UTC 2014

>With that in mind, he does raise a valid point.  Are there any plans to
move
>to a more decentralised model for the directory authorities?  Are their any
>plans to move the power to blacklist nodes out of the hands of the Tor
Project
>and into the hands of its users somehow.

This is pretty interesting point, but then i'm personally not really
interested in having any control over the actual blacklist. I'd feel plenty
comfortable with just insight into what is blacklisted, for what reason and
if possible some evidence to support this reason. Giving control to "the
people" isn't always a good thing either as even in TOR circles there'd be
people that can't deal with having power on any level. Transparency is
probably the word I was looking for to use.
I didn't fill in contact information on my fresh tor relay simply because
the app I use doesn't allow me to. (my tor relay runs on an Ouya, therefore
android) Regardless of the absence of contact information the reason I run
the relay are in line with the reasons why TOR exists.