[tor-relays] Usefulness of very limited exit policy nodes?

Matt Puckey matt at puckey.org
Tue May 27 12:00:17 UTC 2014

On Tue, 27 May 2014 16:04:00 +1000
Phil <phil at urbanoia.net> wrote:

> Opinions please - is it worthwhile running an exit node on a home DSL
> connection with limited bandwidth and exit policies?

It all depends on whether or not you want to 'put up' with the potential
'hassle', which could be slightly different compared to as if it was in
a datacenter somewhere. If your ISP is informed that you're an exit
node, then great. Just remember, you will be mixing your own personal
traffic with Tor traffic, that is the main issue I think you might face.

I honestly think that you would be better off being a bridge,
especially if you have a change of public IP address every now and
then, like most home lines.

--Matt