[tor-relays] Confirm IPv6 Setup as Exit Node

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Sun May 25 03:13:28 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 01:17:17PM +0600, Roman Mamedov wrote:
> On Wed, 21 May 2014 22:51:49 -0700
> Adam Brenner <adam at aeb.io> wrote:
>
> > I have setup a Tor exit node and IPv4 appears to work (will get a real
> > test in the next 48 hours). I would like to confirm my IPv6 setup as I
> > have found the documentation on this subject lacking (or my googling
> > skills suffering!)
>
> I googled "Tor IPv6" and the first hit is:
>
>   https://people.torproject.org/~linus/ipv6-relay-howto.html
>
> what exactly do you find "lacking" in that document? To me it seems to do an
> excellent job in explaining everything one needs to know in a concise and
> clear manner.

It looks like this document is a bit out of date, e.g.
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/6026 has been fixed for
a while now.

If somebody here is looking for a good way to help out, perhaps you
would like to move this document over to the Tor wiki, e.g.
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/IPv6RelayHowto
and then help update it?

--Roger