[tor-relays] Confirm IPv6 Setup as Exit Node

Linus Nordberg linus at nordberg.se
Thu May 22 08:52:16 UTC 2014

Adam Brenner <adam at aeb.io> wrote
Wed, 21 May 2014 22:51:49 -0700:

|    ORPort 9001
|    ORPort [2606:2e00:0:19::4]:9050
|    # first line works with IPv4 while second line is supposed to be IPv6
|
|    IPv6Exit 1
|    ExitPolicy accept6 *:*        # Allow all IPv6 Requests

Very permissive. Thanks!

Be aware of an unfortunate effect of how directory authorities vote for
relay with an IPv6 ORPort -- if you lose IPv6 connectivity (i.e. a
majority of the directory authorities supporting IPv6 can't reach you
over IPv6), your relay will be missing from the consensus regardless of
your IPv4 status.

| I did not specify anything for DirPort as I believe this is not
| working under IPv6? Is this correct?

That's correct.

Thanks for running an IPv6 relay!