[tor-relays] relay not receiving very much traffic

Markus Klock markus_klock at hotmail.com
Mon May 19 12:26:46 UTC 2014

I uploaded my current torrc here:
http://pastebin.com/iJjawwf6

any help tuning it is appreciated!

Regards,
Markus

From: markus_klock at hotmail.com
To: tor-relays at lists.torproject.org
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 12:35:05 +0200
Subject: Re: [tor-relays] relay not receiving very much traffic

> > It looks like your node is running as guard. This usually drops your traffic for a   while before it builds up again.
>
> Tim is referring to the phenomenon described here:
> https://blog.torproject.org/blog/lifecycle-of-a-new-relay

Yeah I read it and figured that enough time have passed and I should start to see more traffic.

> So yes, this is a mystery. I wonder if you have a 1gbit connection to
> some parts of the Internet but not most of them?
This sounds a little far-fetched don't you think?
We have multiple links to our upstream, non of them congested and our upstream have good peering with a lot of big networks in both europe and US.
I really don think this network congestion is the issue here...

> What are the differences between your old torrc and your new one?

Sadly I don't have my old torrc, last time was over 2 years ago and the server I used is gone now.

I did however apply all the changes I found here:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2010-August/000164.html

but after reading more I figured maybe some of the sysctl-commands did more damage than good...
could this be part of the problem maybe?

Regards,
Markus