[tor-relays] One server, Two open tor connections

Kurt Besig kbesig at socal.rr.com
Thu May 15 16:10:02 UTC 2014

Hi all, I'm currently running a Linux relay on one LAN machine. I
recently set-up a dual boot win7/Ubuntu 14.04 LTS machine, also on the LAN.
 For now I'd just like to browse the tor network on the second machine
and not run a relay on it for the present. I'm concerned my ISP might
give me problems if my bandwidth gets too crazy.
So, other than editing my /etc/tor/torrc to open a control port and
forwarding the control port, is there anything else required to simply
browse tor?
 When I installed tor on the second machine's Ubuntu install I added the
tor repositories to my sources.list and updated, upgraded, and installed
tor though  apt-get.