[tor-relays] my orphan relay

eliaz eliaz at riseup.net
Wed May 14 15:22:28 UTC 2014

I'm running an ordinary bridge on what I think is a respectable duty
cycle, but over the past three or so months it's not carried any traffic
at all.

With the advent of obfsproxy bridges, does the algorithm(?) that serves
out bridge addresses no longer recognize ordinary bridges? Are ordinary
bridges no longer useful?

Details:
Running VBB 0.2.4.20-0.2.21. Network Map and my own port scanners show
that the bridge has regularly and reliably hooked onto circuits. A
sample of 20 days uptime since March 20th shows the average sent/recv
bandwith to be 5%/day, with a range of 2% to 7%.

The bridge shows as running in OOo and Globe.

There is no problem with the "Who has used my bridge" module(?): When I
open a Tor client at a remote ISP, "Who has used my bridge" immediately
lights up showing traffic from that client's country.

Thanks for any advice - eliaz gpg 0x04DEF82B