[tor-relays] Malicious or crappily configured exit node

Ch'Gans chgans at gna.org
Wed May 14 13:20:39 UTC 2014

On 14/05/14 23:16, u wrote:
> Hello!
>
> referring to
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/badRelays, i sent this
> also to tor-assistances at tpo. Never got an answer though :(

One of the reason I've heard on other mailing lists, is that people
sometimes get flagged as spam, and indeed your email is flagged as spam
by gmail in my case. So if I didn't check my spam box, i would never
have heard about your email despite being on this mailing list

Chris

> Now and then, I use Icedove with TorBirdy under Debian.
> While connecting to port 465 on my usual mailserver, using SSL, I
> sometimes get an SSL certificate alert. The certificate presented is not
> my usual certificate at all (which works without adding an exception),
> but one for cab.cabinethardwareparts.com, pretending to be my
> mailserver. [1]
>
> I've searched a bit for information on that exit node and found:
> http://torstatus.rueckgr.at/router_detail.php?FP=0cc9b8aa649881c39e948e70b662772d8695c2e9
> This node has flags: fast, stable, guard...
>
> I tried it several times and the behaviour was repeatedly the same.
> Last time it happened was 10 days ago. Then again today.
>
> I'm not quite sure where to report this (that is how this e-mail ends up
> on tor-relays :) ), nor how to avoid this exit node. Is there a way to
> do that?
>
> Thanks,
> u.
>
> [1] http://pix.toile-libre.org/upload/original/1399232278.png screenshot
> of the certificate

QtCreator/qmakeparser.cpp:42
#define fL1S(s) QString::fromLatin1(s)
namespace { // MSVC2010 doesn't seem to know the semantics of "static" ...