[tor-relays] Offer to run bridges on your unused ports

kzhm at mailtor.net kzhm at mailtor.net
Fri May 9 00:14:00 UTC 2014

Bob bailed. He agreed while being drunk and, in retrospective, he doubts it's
a good idea to forward ports from his employers servers to me to do tor
things.

I still think it'd be fun to set this up, so I'm opening my offer to this
list.

If you have some IPs that aren't yet associated with tor, I would host the
bridges for you and you'd have to forward the ports to me. I'll take care of
the rest. Your IPs won't be listed in public, since they're bridges.

Things I need to know:

 - the address(es) you want to donate
 - the or port you want to forward to me (can be any port that isn't in use
   yet)
 - if you're ok with forwarding two more (randomly picked) ports to me, so
I'd
   host obfsproxy[1] transport on them, to further circumvent censorship.

[1]: https://www.torproject.org/projects/obfsproxy.html.en

I doubt somebody would forward ports to a random stranger, so I don't expect
that much responses. Anyway, feel free to contact me.

Also, if you want to setup a bridge or relay on your own you can ask me to
assist via email or jabber/xmpp.

Truly yours,
Alice