[tor-relays] Mac OSX 10.6, re-installed, TBB downloaded, installed?, terminal window....what now?

Robert Smith kittenjuggler at ymail.com
Wed May 7 20:10:59 UTC 2014

I am NOT a Unix user.  Decades ago, I was very skilled on an Amiga computer (I heard Amiga DOS was basically Linux).  I have almost no experience on Macs.  I hate them.  My first attempt at installing Vidalia gave me a message saying: "You can't run Tor Browser with FireFox running".  All programs that appeared in the "startup list" were unchecked (FireFox was not among them).  Then after a cold boot, I got the same message.  So I wiped the F##@$ Mac and re-installed only the OS (Snow Leopard) then updated it to the latest, 10.6 17.

Then I download TBB again.  Again I got just a terminal window.  I tried to download and install the GUI version so I could get a simple bridge or relay running, but it looks the the terminal window is all I am going to get.
If someone could post a link where I could download and install software for running a Tor relay or bridge, I'd appreciate it.

Most computer users of my age are not nearly as experienced as I am.  All lot younger than me, and they may not have the resources or interest to run a Tor relay.  If it's hard to run relay or bridge on the most dumbed down OS (Macs seem very stable, but frustrating in anything I have attempted), who is going to be running relays?  The 0.1% of the people out there.  Mostly Linux experts and no one else.  I'd run in on one of my PC's for now, but life is not allowing me the time, to make that an option at this time.

Thanks for any advice.