[tor-relays] Tor bridges on borrowed ports

kzhm at mailtor.net kzhm at mailtor.net
Fri May 2 17:24:42 UTC 2014

Hello,

assuming I have a friend, Bob. He has two IP addresses and wants to
contribute
to the tor network. He doesn't want to operate an exit, relay or bridge
himself, though. I offer him to operate the bridges on my hardware and he's
magically forwarding the required ports from his machines IPs to my
machine so
I do the relaying part of the bridging game. Bridge users benefit from the
additional IP addresses that have to be blacklisted.

I'm looking for a way to implement this.

I could only think of

 *) inetd + nc
 *) dark iptables nat magic
 *) some sort of ip-over-ip tunnels

which would all be kind of hacky, require installation of addition
software and
would probably have sideeffects on tors bridge stats.

Can I announce an address that isn't directly mine? Can I use my address for
outbound traffic to the next relay or do I need to use the "bridge
address" for
that?

Is there a flaw in there? Is somebody already doing that? I'm putting this up
for discussion.

If I can get this working for Bob I could probably get access to some subnets
from Charlie and Dave..

Waiting for input.

Truly yours,
Alice.