[tor-relays] New obfsproxy release: obfsproxy-0.2.7 [bridge operators: please upgrade!]

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Sat Mar 15 13:36:18 UTC 2014

Hello,

a few days after the release of obfsproxy-0.2.6, we spotted a bug
where scramblesuit would basically reject clients if they try to
connect a second time after a short amount of time has passed [0].

This is a serious correctness bug and bridge operators are advised to
upgrade to obfsproxy-0.2.7 as soon as possible (we want to start
suggesting scramblesuit to users and we need to make sure that most
bridges have already upgraded by then).

You can use git master or pip to upgrade to 0.2.7. We have also
notified the obfsproxy Debian maintainers and we should soon have
obfsproxy-0.2.7 packages ready (we will send an email to this list
when they are ready).

Furthermore, obfsproxy-0.2.7 clients now support SOCKS5 (thanks Yawning!)
and the changes also include a few performance enhancements
for obfs3 and scramblesuit.

Please upgrade your bridges.

Thanks!

PS: We will do yet another obfsproxy release soon-ish (probably in the
    next 2 weeks) which will include some more scramblesuit
    improvements and other miscellaneous code changes. Again, we will inform
    you by sending an email to this list.

[0]: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/11100