[tor-relays] Are zealous connections to directory port common?

Tora Tora Tora tor at allthatnet.com
Fri Mar 14 16:23:50 UTC 2014

Not sure I should disclose them in a public forum, but somewhat
obfuscated they are:

5.0.137.xx - Syria - 455 connections
66.150.6.xx - Groundspeak, Inc - 108 connections
72.78.110.xx - Verizon - 202 connections
68.101.234.xx - Cox Communications - 51 connections
etc.

It seems there were attempts before I even published the directory port
(it is default anyway), but I was not identifying the actual connections
before, only the count. Why would any IP address need more than one (or
several simultaneous) connection is beyond me.