[tor-relays] problem with tor-arm

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Thu Mar 6 15:44:28 UTC 2014

> I use tor-arm to manage my relay, at startup the following messages appear:

That issue certainly indicates that you lack permission to write to
'/home/username/.arm' or a file in it. Unfortunately my only
suggestion is to double check the permissions again.

Arm is telling you about this at the 'NOTICE' level because it's not
really an error. Being unable to write the config descriptions simply
means that the startup time will be a little longer (it's failing to
cache some data). As for the message about insufficient uptime, that's
perfectly normal.

Cheers! -Damian